HUGO DURO: "IT'S A SHAME WE LOST TODAY"
Statements from the player after the match
Hugo Duro has spoken to the media after the defeat to FC Barcelona (1-2) at Mestalla.
I think we played well until the 70-75th minute. Then we were late to the pressure. When we recovered we didn't know how to read the game well. As I say, let's let it serve as a learning experience, so that if it happens to us again, we play better in those moments.
It's a shame that they scored in stoppage time. We're also unlucky because Pau Cubarsí denied me the goal to make it 2-0, then they made it 1-1. These are moments in the game that... there's no need to complain, we've got another game soon and we have to keep going. We have to keep going.
We did well in our own way. It's clear that they were very good with the ball, but we defended well and brought it out well. But as I said, we have to be smarter, we have to draw on more experience, because even though we are young, I think that many of us have already played several games and we have to know how to read those moments. In the end I am a person who believes that we learn from mistakes. I wish they didn't happen, but in football that's what happens. So as I said, we have to learn. It's a shame, and we're hurting, of course.
For me it's a sending off, because I think he gave the same card to Jesús for his challenge on Lamine. What's more, he cut off my play, as I was going away alone against Íñigo. But anyway, he must have seen something to convince him not to give a second yellow. They know the rules better than me, I imagine. Anyway, it's what I'm saying: It's no use complaining because it's not going to make us draw or win, so we keep going.
I thought it was offside, but that's what VAR is for: To be fair, especially with these goals. Let's hope we continue like last year, with hard work, because if we all work then it's clear that more goals will come.
I'm still surprised because it's difficult to come here, I don't know what day it is today, August 17th? People are still on holiday, but many have come to Mestalla and I think it's a record. Last year we got 46,000 here. I'm surprised and it's a shame about the defeat, but it really is a pleasure to play here and they should know that it's an incredible feeling.
Yes, this is Valencia CF. We have to be united, fans and team, with our limitations, to enjoy every moment because... because here you have to enjoy it too, with these games where the players give their all. Today it didn't happen, and it's clear that things can be improved, they can be done much better, but between the fans and the team I think this is the way forward.
Latest news Ver todas
Latest news Ver todas
J. Vázquez: “We have to be ready for the next game because we have to give it everything and get the result here at Mestalla, all together”
The Valencia CF defender analyses the draw against RC Celta
Javi Guerra: “We take a point that should help us go for the win next Tuesday”
The Valencia CF midfielder analyses the draw against RC Celta
G. Rodríguez: “We always want to win, but every point is very important”
The Valencia CF midfielder analyses the draw against RC Celta
Carlos Corberán: “We work to improve the results and bring joy to the fans. I know the demands of this club”
Valencia CF head coach’s press conference after the match against RC Celta